Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Teacher of Promise

I was nominated for the Teacher of Promise award! Wow! It is an award through the KSDE and only two education students, per year, receive it at Southwestern. Very exciting! I am supposed to stop by SC this evening, before work, to fill out forms and find out more information. :)

Thomas had his first day of Ground School yesterday and he really enjoyed it! He said the first class was really easy - Basic Aerodynamics. His next class is Thursday, hopefully he keeps enjoying it! I was very happy that he came home 2 hours early this morning at we were able to spend time together. :)

I attended a Legacy meeting about endowments, last night. Previously, I did not even know what endowment meant, but now I can tell you the different types and the 5 steps to gaining an endowment! LOL. Hopefully, we can use some of the information that we gained at the animal shelter. We are in desperate need of an endowment with the way the economy has been, lately. Our anual fundraisers are going very well, but we should plan for the long term.  I am hoping to raise $15,000 at the wine tasting fundraiser this year, since we raised $14,000 last year.

That is all for now, at school right now and headed to work this evening. We do have a concert to go to on Saturday - Joe Walsh. It should be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment