Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thank You Cards....

I feel like a terrible person because I still have not sent out my Thank You cards. However, they will be going out this week! YAY for me! :) I only have 1 page of people left, I have already written 3 pages worth. Thomas needs to sign his name on them still. lol. Anyhow, that will be a big relief. I am just getting things whipped out and finished - KPTP was submitted last night, took my exams on Sat, TUs going out this week. All that is going to be left is wrapping up the Student Teaching paperwork and I will be DONE! Soon, it will be Thanksgiving and then, I can decorate for my favorite holiday - Christmas! I even bought a new mini tree for my kitchen table - it's cute, for sure. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a possibility of a job in January...
Here is another recipe or two from my email chain....

Cheez-it Chicken

Ingredients:
Cheez-its Chicken
Chicken tenderloins
1 cup sour cream
3 cups of crushed Cheez-its
½ cup of melted margarine

Directions:
Dip clean chicken into sour cream coating it on all sides. Then roll it into the crushed Cheez-its making sure it is covered well. Place in baking dish with melted butter and turn it over so that margarine is on both sides. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 375 degrees

Laura Johnson-  Garden City, Kansas
__________________________________________________________________
Zucchini Banana Bread
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup grated zucchini
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1.     Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8x4 inch bread loaf pans.
2.     In a large bowl, beat eggs until light yellow and frothy. Add oil, brown sugar, white sugar, grated zucchini, bananas, and vanilla; blend together until well combined. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the cranberries and nuts. Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans.
3.     Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Allow to cool in the loaf pans on a wire rack before removing and serving.

Beth Bellinger

No comments:

Post a Comment