Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chip Carving

It is about time to get back to my other wonderful hobby - woodcarving. Throughout the semester, I was only able to steal brief moments with my carvings, but in two weeks, my time shall once more be mine. Currently, my woodcarving endeavor is Chip Carving. It is an amazing process that creates intricate designs on flat surfaces, such  as wooden plates and ornaments. I am slowly improving at this venture and am finally starting to enjoy it more. It is such as calm and quiet form of woodcarving that requires very little space and energy. One thing that I have noticed, however, is that it starts to wear on my eyes. I should probably try a magnifying lense to carve under. Anyhow, I have already created 5 oraments for christmas presents, the most recent two, are not that bad, honestly. I need to get my own knives for this, instead of using my grandma's. I cannot use my usual carving knives, as this requires a different blade, which faces the opposite direction. Okay, I am tired of typing...TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment