Monday, June 4, 2012

Mrs. Langenwalter - English Teacher

My goodness, I haven't updated the ole' blog for quite some time! Yes, I am finally and officially, a high school English teacher. Holy Cow! :) I will be teaching 9th and 10th graders, including some remedial reading courses. The reading classes are really exciting because I hope to eventually have my reading specialty certification. This will be a great foundation! I start a 3-day in-service, tomorrow, which will cover the new Common Core Standards that will be implemented this year. I am quite excited to learn more about these standards, because, to be honest, I know nothing about them. Another exciting bit is that  I was able to see where my classroom will be! The other teacher hasn't moved out, yet, but I hope she will, soon! As soon as I can sart decorating, I will try to get some pictures on here!

Other than that wonderful news, things have been fairly quiet. Thomas did lose his job, but we hope that GE will get their act together and finally call him in the next couple months. Until then, he will be working for his dad at the BMW shop. I will be headed to North Carolina in just a few days to attend my sister's wedding! I am not so crazy about the flight, but I am sure it will be a blast once I get there! Many pictures to come! Oh, we are still Figure 8'ing it! Our next race is Saturday night, which is great, except that I have to drive the 4 hours up to KC as soon as its over, for my 7am flight. Fun stuff!

Here is a picture of me in the 'race car'!

I usually like to have more pics, but I guess I haven't been very good at that lately! I will work on that for next time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment